By purchasing Robadope Reagent Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
Robadope reagent is one of the secondary tests for 2C-B, MDMA/MDA (Ecstasy) and meth/amphetamine. It helps detect any primary amine, like 2C-B, amphetamine, MDA, and highly toxic PMA in MDMA or methamphetamine. Robadope Reagent Test Kit comes with instructions and apps for over 70 substances. Every bottle contains 5 or 10 ml, with each 1 drop accounting for 1 use, 100-200 total. High-quality HDPE protects reagents from light and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special dropper guarantees 0 spills, to pour a drop gently squeeze the bottle.
The Robadope reagent is a mixture of water, acetone, sodium nitroprusside, and sodium carbonate. It’s a 2 part test, one part on its own is orange and the other colorless. It’s best to use Robadope reagent to test 2C-B, PMMA vs PMA, MDMA vs MDA, or meth/amphetamine, but it’s also a good test for DOx and other primary amines.
NOTE: Robadope reagent deteriorates with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If you are uncertain whether the reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
NOTE: Robadope can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance.
Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible. To detect adulterants, try using on fresh samples some of the primary reagents like Marquis and Mecke, and secondary reagent tests like Simon’s, Scott, or Zimmermann. If you don’t know yet how to test using Robadope reagent, see the following instructions:
- On a clean ceramic surface (e.g. bottom of a mug or a plate) prepare a sample no bigger than this size -> ●
- Carefully not to touch the sample with the bottle, remove the cap from bottle A, twist the bottle upside-down and squeeze 1 drop out of the bottle. Replace the cap. Repeat with bottle B.
- Immediately observe the color change and compare it with the Robadope color chart. No reaction within the first 30 seconds or unexpected results indicate the sample doesn’t contain the expected substance or is adulterated.
- Flush the reaction in a sink under running water.
No reaction can be caused by PMMA, MDMA, methamphetamine, mephedrone, caffeine and many other substances (or lack of active ingredient).
Common Robadope color reactions:
- 2C-x – slow pink (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- DOx – slow pink (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- PMA – slow pink (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- MDA – slow pink (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- Amphetamine – slow pink (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- All primary amines show slow pink and need tests Marquis and/or Mecke
Robadope reagent consists mostly of toxic chemicals. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water, ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate if it is safe. No substance is 100% safe.